To explain the title, Zebra-Mbizi, zebra is of course the black and white striped animal and mbizi is the chi-shona word for zebra, I have had some years of experience of living and working in Kenya and Zimbabwe.
– I am a UK citizen by birth, with English and Scottish ancestors.
– Graduate – B.A. (Hons) History & Literature (Middx)
– Cert.Ed. (London).
– Labour Party member.
Regarding comments: see other page on comments policy.
- Kurdish-aligned group in north Syria says targeted by Turkish warplanes August 27, 2016KARKAMIS, Turkey (Reuters) - A group allied to Kurdish-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) said it was bombarded by Turkish warplanes on Saturday, after Turkey's military launched an incursion this week into northern Syria against both Islamic State and Kurdish forces.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Burkini ban overturned August 26, 2016France’s highest court has overturned the controversial burkini ban put in place at Villeneuve-Loubet, and it is expected that other seaside towns will acknowledge this legal precedent and reverse their own bans. Feelings against the ban have been running high. Many have been outraged by pictures of women forced to disrobe or leave the beach. As [...]
- Peston Picks is moving May 12, 2011My blog is dead. Long live the new blog. Or to put it another way, my page - and those of other BBC bloggers - is having a makeover. So if you don't want to read on, and you simply want to read my latest post, click here. The reason for the change is to bring together more of my output in one place. So on the new page, you'll find many of my TV and […]
- Eurozone: UK ready to back IMF bailouts November 2, 2011Britain is standing by to give more money to the IMF so that it can, in turn, lend more money to Eurozone countries like Greece, Italy or Spain who are struggling to service their debts. The government now believes, I'm told, that there are only three ways out of the current crisis - one they hope for, one they fear and a third they are ready to accept. […]