To explain the title, Zebra-Mbizi, zebra is of course the black and white striped animal and mbizi is the chi-shona word for zebra, I have had some years of experience of living and working in Kenya and Zimbabwe.
– I am a UK citizen by birth, with English and Scottish ancestors.
– Graduate – B.A. (Hons) History & Literature (Middx)
– Cert.Ed. (London).
– Labour Party member.
Regarding comments: see other page on comments policy.
- Expectations low as Syria's warring sides meet January 23, 2017ASTANA (Reuters) - Syria's warring sides met for talks in Kazakhstan's capital on Monday, flanked by intermediary nations seeking to engineer steps towards a goal other negotiations have failed to reach: an end to the six-year-old conflict.
- Trump and Nominees Would Cede U.S. Climate Leadership January 20, 2017Tillerson and the incoming administration have indicated that they would cede U.S. leadership on clean energy to other powers—a decision at odds with their own America-first philosophy.
- Now is it OK to invoke Orwell? January 22, 2017Only two days into the Trump administration and we’re in the realm of “alternative facts.” "Alternative facts are not facts. They are falsehoods," Chuck Todd tells Pres. Trump's counselor Kellyanne Conway this morning. WATCH: pic.twitter.com/Ao005dQ13r — Meet the Press (@MeetThePress) January 22, 2017
- Peston Picks is moving May 12, 2011My blog is dead. Long live the new blog. Or to put it another way, my page - and those of other BBC bloggers - is having a makeover. So if you don't want to read on, and you simply want to read my latest post, click here. The reason for the change is to bring together more of my output in one place. So on the new page, you'll find many of my TV and […]
- Eurozone: UK ready to back IMF bailouts November 2, 2011Britain is standing by to give more money to the IMF so that it can, in turn, lend more money to Eurozone countries like Greece, Italy or Spain who are struggling to service their debts. The government now believes, I'm told, that there are only three ways out of the current crisis - one they hope for, one they fear and a third they are ready to accept. […]