To explain the title, Zebra-Mbizi, zebra is of course the black and white striped animal and mbizi is the chi-shona word for zebra, I have had some years of experience of living and working in Kenya and Zimbabwe.
– I am a UK citizen by birth, with English and Scottish ancestors.
– Graduate – B.A. (Hons) History & Literature (Middx)
– Cert.Ed. (London).
– Labour Party member.
Regarding comments: see other page on comments policy.
- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour's death May 25, 2016KABUL/PESHAWAR, Pakistan (Reuters) - The Afghan Taliban named one of former leader Mullah Akhtar Mansour's deputies to succeed him on Wednesday, after confirming Mansour's death in a U.S. drone strike at the weekend.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Labour MEP Afzal Khan, Jamaat-e-Islami and Responsibility May 24, 2016Here’s Labour MEP Afzal Khan comparing the Israeli government to Nazis in 2014: This stupid, base and hurtful slur has earned Mr Afzal nothing more than a mild rebuke from the Labour party rather than suspension. He has simply been “reminded of his responsibilities as a Labour representative”. Mr Khan himself has refused to [...]
- Peston Picks is moving May 12, 2011My blog is dead. Long live the new blog. Or to put it another way, my page - and those of other BBC bloggers - is having a makeover. So if you don't want to read on, and you simply want to read my latest post, click here. The reason for the change is to bring together more of my output in one place. So on the new page, you'll find many of my TV and […]
- Eurozone: UK ready to back IMF bailouts November 2, 2011Britain is standing by to give more money to the IMF so that it can, in turn, lend more money to Eurozone countries like Greece, Italy or Spain who are struggling to service their debts. The government now believes, I'm told, that there are only three ways out of the current crisis - one they hope for, one they fear and a third they are ready to accept. […]