President Paul Kagame Discusses Aid and China
President Paul Kagame of Rwanda in this interview with Fareed Zakaria (CNN) discusses Dead AId (Dambisa Moyo’s book) and China. This African president has a clear vision of where his country is going. Direct government to government aid should cease it is suffocating in Africa local economies.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
- Iraqi army pause at southern edge of Falluja as IS fights back May 31, 2016CAMP TARIQ, Iraq (Reuters) - Islamic State militants fought back vigorously overnight and parried an onslaught by the Iraqi army on a southern district of the city of Falluja, the group's bastion near Baghdad, officers said on Tuesday.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Jackie Walker, John Humphrys and Pastor Niemöller May 30, 2016This morning Jackie Walker was interviewed by John Humphrys on the Today programme (1:23). He did not do a very good job. She was introduced as having been suspended for comments she made about Israel. Although a discussion of Israel prompted her remarks, this isn’t an accurate summary of the reasons for her suspension. He [...]
- Peston Picks is moving May 12, 2011My blog is dead. Long live the new blog. Or to put it another way, my page - and those of other BBC bloggers - is having a makeover. So if you don't want to read on, and you simply want to read my latest post, click here. The reason for the change is to bring together more of my output in one place. So on the new page, you'll find many of my TV and […]
- Eurozone: UK ready to back IMF bailouts November 2, 2011Britain is standing by to give more money to the IMF so that it can, in turn, lend more money to Eurozone countries like Greece, Italy or Spain who are struggling to service their debts. The government now believes, I'm told, that there are only three ways out of the current crisis - one they hope for, one they fear and a third they are ready to accept. […]