President Paul Kagame Discusses Aid and China
President Paul Kagame of Rwanda in this interview with Fareed Zakaria (CNN) discusses Dead AId (Dambisa Moyo’s book) and China. This African president has a clear vision of where his country is going. Direct government to government aid should cease it is suffocating in Africa local economies.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
- Nineteen feared dead after knife attack in Japan: media reports July 26, 2016TOKYO (Reuters) - Nineteen people were feared dead and 45 injured after an attack by a knife-wielding man at a facility for the disabled in Japan early on Tuesday, national broadcaster NHK reported.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Pumpkin Flowers July 25, 2016The name Matti Friedman should ring some bells for regular HP readers. He is the former AP journalist who almost broke the internet with his two articles exposing the way AP covered the Israel Palestine conflict. His speech at the BICOM dinner last year gave the impression of being allowed into the machinations going on behind [...]
- Peston Picks is moving May 12, 2011My blog is dead. Long live the new blog. Or to put it another way, my page - and those of other BBC bloggers - is having a makeover. So if you don't want to read on, and you simply want to read my latest post, click here. The reason for the change is to bring together more of my output in one place. So on the new page, you'll find many of my TV and […]
- Eurozone: UK ready to back IMF bailouts November 2, 2011Britain is standing by to give more money to the IMF so that it can, in turn, lend more money to Eurozone countries like Greece, Italy or Spain who are struggling to service their debts. The government now believes, I'm told, that there are only three ways out of the current crisis - one they hope for, one they fear and a third they are ready to accept. […]