President Paul Kagame Discusses Aid and China
President Paul Kagame of Rwanda in this interview with Fareed Zakaria (CNN) discusses Dead AId (Dambisa Moyo’s book) and China. This African president has a clear vision of where his country is going. Direct government to government aid should cease it is suffocating in Africa local economies.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
- Syrian army's Aleppo advance slows, but victory in sight December 9, 2016ALEPPO, Syria/BEIRUT (Reuters) - The Syrian army's advance in Aleppo slowed on Thursday but a victory was still firmly in sight after President Bashar al-Assad vowed that retaking the city would change the course of the six-year-old war.
- The U.S. Senate Fails to Reflect America’s Diversity December 8, 2016The U.S. Senate must do more to rid itself of its reputation as one of the world’s whitest workplaces.
- Meanwhile, in the UK… December 9, 2016Wow: British wage growth hasn't been this bad since the 60s—the 1860s https://t.co/MwAeiETXq7 pic.twitter.com/MtH7HwGnyy — Matt O'Brien (@ObsoleteDogma) December 8, 2016 Fortunately there’s a strong and sensible opposition party with a brilliant and effective leader gaining massive support. Isn’t there?
- Peston Picks is moving May 12, 2011My blog is dead. Long live the new blog. Or to put it another way, my page - and those of other BBC bloggers - is having a makeover. So if you don't want to read on, and you simply want to read my latest post, click here. The reason for the change is to bring together more of my output in one place. So on the new page, you'll find many of my TV and […]
- Eurozone: UK ready to back IMF bailouts November 2, 2011Britain is standing by to give more money to the IMF so that it can, in turn, lend more money to Eurozone countries like Greece, Italy or Spain who are struggling to service their debts. The government now believes, I'm told, that there are only three ways out of the current crisis - one they hope for, one they fear and a third they are ready to accept. […]