President Paul Kagame Discusses Aid and China
President Paul Kagame of Rwanda in this interview with Fareed Zakaria (CNN) discusses Dead AId (Dambisa Moyo’s book) and China. This African president has a clear vision of where his country is going. Direct government to government aid should cease it is suffocating in Africa local economies.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
- Turkish soldiers clash with Kurdish militants crossing from Syria: army February 10, 2016ISTANBUL (Reuters) - One Turkish soldier was killed and another wounded when security forces clashed with Kurdish militants crossing over from Syria, the army said on Wednesday, hours after Ankara summoned the U.S. ambassador over Washington's support for Syrian Kurds.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- An Assessment of the PEGIDA UK rally February 10, 2016This is a cross-post from The Rambling Infidel On a rainy Saturday 6th February, Pegida UK launched its inaugural demonstration in Birmingham, with similar rallies happening across Europe. An estimated 200 protesters attended the demonstration, which took place on a barren industrial estate miles from the city centre. The march was peaceful and went smoothly […]
- Peston Picks is moving May 12, 2011My blog is dead. Long live the new blog. Or to put it another way, my page - and those of other BBC bloggers - is having a makeover. So if you don't want to read on, and you simply want to read my latest post, click here. The reason for the change is to bring together more of my output in one place. So on the new page, you'll find many of my TV and […]
- Eurozone: UK ready to back IMF bailouts November 2, 2011Britain is standing by to give more money to the IMF so that it can, in turn, lend more money to Eurozone countries like Greece, Italy or Spain who are struggling to service their debts. The government now believes, I'm told, that there are only three ways out of the current crisis - one they hope for, one they fear and a third they are ready to accept. […]