President Paul Kagame Discusses Aid and China
President Paul Kagame of Rwanda in this interview with Fareed Zakaria (CNN) discusses Dead AId (Dambisa Moyo’s book) and China. This African president has a clear vision of where his country is going. Direct government to government aid should cease it is suffocating in Africa local economies.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
- U.S. Navy ship fires warning shots at Iranian vessel August 25, 2016WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. Navy ship fired warning shots toward an Iranian fast-attack craft that approached two U.S. ships, a Pentagon spokesman said on Thursday, in the most serious of a number of incidents in the Gulf area this week.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Can Terrorists Win? August 25, 2016The Irgun and Lehi managed to kick the British out of their Palestine mandate in a successful terrorist campaign between 1944 and 1948. No Palestinian terror group has been able to eject the Israelis from the West Bank nor are they likely to do so in the future. To determine why this is the case [...]
- Peston Picks is moving May 12, 2011My blog is dead. Long live the new blog. Or to put it another way, my page - and those of other BBC bloggers - is having a makeover. So if you don't want to read on, and you simply want to read my latest post, click here. The reason for the change is to bring together more of my output in one place. So on the new page, you'll find many of my TV and […]
- Eurozone: UK ready to back IMF bailouts November 2, 2011Britain is standing by to give more money to the IMF so that it can, in turn, lend more money to Eurozone countries like Greece, Italy or Spain who are struggling to service their debts. The government now believes, I'm told, that there are only three ways out of the current crisis - one they hope for, one they fear and a third they are ready to accept. […]