Could 19th-Century plan stop piracy?
Lord Palmerston knew how to deal with pirates;
© ZEBRA-MBIZI, 2007 - 2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ZEBRA-MBIZI with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Syria's Nusra Front says ending al Qaeda ties; U.S. fears for Aleppo July 29, 2016BEIRUT (Reuters) - Al Qaeda's powerful Syrian branch, the Nusra Front, announced on Thursday it was ending its relationship with the global jihadist network founded by Osama bin Laden, to remove a pretext used by world powers to attack Syrians.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- TellMAMA Decides to work with Conspiracy Theorist and 911 Truther July 28, 2016This is a guest post by Amjad Khan TellMAMA is an organisation that was set up in 2012 in order to record incidents of anti-Muslim bigotry and hate-crime. The organisation has received considerable government funding over the years and was referenced in a recent governmentreport on hate crime as an example of a project the government [...]
- Peston Picks is moving May 12, 2011My blog is dead. Long live the new blog. Or to put it another way, my page - and those of other BBC bloggers - is having a makeover. So if you don't want to read on, and you simply want to read my latest post, click here. The reason for the change is to bring together more of my output in one place. So on the new page, you'll find many of my TV and […]
- Eurozone: UK ready to back IMF bailouts November 2, 2011Britain is standing by to give more money to the IMF so that it can, in turn, lend more money to Eurozone countries like Greece, Italy or Spain who are struggling to service their debts. The government now believes, I'm told, that there are only three ways out of the current crisis - one they hope for, one they fear and a third they are ready to accept. […]
Afghanistan AFRICA African News African Studies African Union Andrew Strauss Anti Fascism ashes AUSTRALIA Ayatollah Ali Khamenei Banks Barak Obama British Army Business Congo Conservative Party Credit Crunch CRICKET David Cameron Economic Crisis Economy ENGLAND EU Europe European Union Financial Crisis Gaza Gordon Brown Great Britain Hamas Health House of Commons HUMAN RIGHTS ICC International Iran Islamic terrorism Israel Labour Labour Government Labour Party Mahmoud Ahmadinejad MDC MEDIA Middle East Mir-Hossein Mousavi Morgan Tsvangirai MPs Expenses News Nick Clegg Northern Ireland Palestine Parliament POLITICS Recession Ricky Ponting Robert Mugabe South Africa SPORT Taliban Terrorism Test cricket The Ashes Tories Tory Party UK UK Banks UK Economy UK Politics Ulster United Nations USA War Zanu PF Zimbabwe