Could 19th-Century plan stop piracy?
Lord Palmerston knew how to deal with pirates;
© ZEBRA-MBIZI, 2007 - 2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ZEBRA-MBIZI with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Libyan naval forces in Tripoli say have seized foreign tanker February 13, 2016TRIPOLI (Reuters) - Libyan naval forces have seized a Sierra Leone-flagged oil tanker on suspicion of illegally entering Libyan waters in an attempt to smuggle gasoline, authorities said on Saturday.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Tarik Hassane and thanks for Cage and its circles February 13, 2016The terrorist support group Cage should be thanked for its exemplary services to the country. No, really. If you want to understand the extremist scene, including terrorism, simply see Cage’s bluster. It’s not just about ideology and politics either. They are also a handy guide to dangerous individuals. Tarik Hassane is the latest. [...]
- Peston Picks is moving May 12, 2011My blog is dead. Long live the new blog. Or to put it another way, my page - and those of other BBC bloggers - is having a makeover. So if you don't want to read on, and you simply want to read my latest post, click here. The reason for the change is to bring together more of my output in one place. So on the new page, you'll find many of my TV and […]
- Eurozone: UK ready to back IMF bailouts November 2, 2011Britain is standing by to give more money to the IMF so that it can, in turn, lend more money to Eurozone countries like Greece, Italy or Spain who are struggling to service their debts. The government now believes, I'm told, that there are only three ways out of the current crisis - one they hope for, one they fear and a third they are ready to accept. […]
Afghanistan AFRICA African News African Studies African Union Andrew Strauss Anti Fascism ashes AUSTRALIA Ayatollah Ali Khamenei Banks Barak Obama British Army Business Congo Conservative Party Credit Crunch CRICKET David Cameron Economic Crisis Economy ENGLAND EU Europe European Union Financial Crisis Gaza Gordon Brown Great Britain Hamas Health House of Commons HUMAN RIGHTS ICC International Iran Islamic terrorism Israel Labour Labour Government Labour Party Mahmoud Ahmadinejad MDC MEDIA Middle East Mir-Hossein Mousavi Morgan Tsvangirai MPs Expenses News Nick Clegg Northern Ireland Palestine Parliament POLITICS Recession Ricky Ponting Robert Mugabe South Africa SPORT Taliban Terrorism Test cricket The Ashes Tories Tory Party UK UK Banks UK Economy UK Politics Ulster United Nations USA War Zanu PF Zimbabwe