Could 19th-Century plan stop piracy?
Lord Palmerston knew how to deal with pirates;
© ZEBRA-MBIZI, 2007 - 2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ZEBRA-MBIZI with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- U.S.-led coalition troops seen near front line in new Iraq offensive May 29, 2016HASSAN SHAMI, Iraq (Reuters) - Servicemen from the U.S.-led coalition were seen near the front line of a new offensive in northern Iraq launched on Sunday by Kurdish peshmerga forces that aims to retake a handful of villages from Islamic State east of their Mosul stronghold.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- When the Labour Party Was Zionist May 29, 2016I’m currently reading Bruce Hoffman’s latest book Anonymous Soldiers: The Struggle For Israel 1917-47. It’s a great book, one passage seemed to provide an almost incredible juxtaposition to the events of the modern day Corbyn Labour Party; In December 1917, just weeks after the Balfour Declaration was issued, the [Labour] party had enthusiastically endorsed […]
- Peston Picks is moving May 12, 2011My blog is dead. Long live the new blog. Or to put it another way, my page - and those of other BBC bloggers - is having a makeover. So if you don't want to read on, and you simply want to read my latest post, click here. The reason for the change is to bring together more of my output in one place. So on the new page, you'll find many of my TV and […]
- Eurozone: UK ready to back IMF bailouts November 2, 2011Britain is standing by to give more money to the IMF so that it can, in turn, lend more money to Eurozone countries like Greece, Italy or Spain who are struggling to service their debts. The government now believes, I'm told, that there are only three ways out of the current crisis - one they hope for, one they fear and a third they are ready to accept. […]
Afghanistan AFRICA African News African Studies African Union Andrew Strauss Anti Fascism ashes AUSTRALIA Ayatollah Ali Khamenei Banks Barak Obama British Army Business Congo Conservative Party Credit Crunch CRICKET David Cameron Economic Crisis Economy ENGLAND EU Europe European Union Financial Crisis Gaza Gordon Brown Great Britain Hamas Health House of Commons HUMAN RIGHTS ICC International Iran Islamic terrorism Israel Labour Labour Government Labour Party Mahmoud Ahmadinejad MDC MEDIA Middle East Mir-Hossein Mousavi Morgan Tsvangirai MPs Expenses News Nick Clegg Northern Ireland Palestine Parliament POLITICS Recession Ricky Ponting Robert Mugabe South Africa SPORT Taliban Terrorism Test cricket The Ashes Tories Tory Party UK UK Banks UK Economy UK Politics Ulster United Nations USA War Zanu PF Zimbabwe