Could 19th-Century plan stop piracy?
Lord Palmerston knew how to deal with pirates;
© ZEBRA-MBIZI, 2007 - 2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ZEBRA-MBIZI with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Top prosecutor asks to investigate Brazil president: media May 4, 2016BRASILIA (Reuters) - Brazil's top prosecutor requested that President Dilma Rousseff be investigated for trying to obstruct a sweeping corruption investigation involving state-run oil firm Petrobras, local media reported late on Tuesday.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Trump supporters target Jewish journalists May 3, 2016The antisemitism that afflicts many of Jeremy Corbyn’s supporters has received a lot of deserved attention over the past week or so. But Jew-hatred of a different kind is also rearing its ugly head on this side of the ocean among some supporters of likely Republican nominee for president Donald Trump. Julia Ioffe, a Russian-born Jewish journalist, [...]
- Peston Picks is moving May 12, 2011My blog is dead. Long live the new blog. Or to put it another way, my page - and those of other BBC bloggers - is having a makeover. So if you don't want to read on, and you simply want to read my latest post, click here. The reason for the change is to bring together more of my output in one place. So on the new page, you'll find many of my TV and […]
- Eurozone: UK ready to back IMF bailouts November 2, 2011Britain is standing by to give more money to the IMF so that it can, in turn, lend more money to Eurozone countries like Greece, Italy or Spain who are struggling to service their debts. The government now believes, I'm told, that there are only three ways out of the current crisis - one they hope for, one they fear and a third they are ready to accept. […]
Afghanistan AFRICA African News African Studies African Union Andrew Strauss Anti Fascism ashes AUSTRALIA Ayatollah Ali Khamenei Banks Barak Obama British Army Business Congo Conservative Party Credit Crunch CRICKET David Cameron Economic Crisis Economy ENGLAND EU Europe European Union Financial Crisis Gaza Gordon Brown Great Britain Hamas Health House of Commons HUMAN RIGHTS ICC International Iran Islamic terrorism Israel Labour Labour Government Labour Party Mahmoud Ahmadinejad MDC MEDIA Middle East Mir-Hossein Mousavi Morgan Tsvangirai MPs Expenses News Nick Clegg Northern Ireland Palestine Parliament POLITICS Recession Ricky Ponting Robert Mugabe South Africa SPORT Taliban Terrorism Test cricket The Ashes Tories Tory Party UK UK Banks UK Economy UK Politics Ulster United Nations USA War Zanu PF Zimbabwe